Providing Goods & Services to People with Disabilities
This policy is intended to meet the requirements of Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005.
Persons with disabilities may use their own assistive devices as required when accessing goods or services provided by Grimsby Ford. Staff members will be trained on the various devices clients with disabilities may use.
Guide Dogs, Service Animals, and Service Dogs
Grimsby Ford welcomes people with disabilities and their device animals. Policies prohibiting pets on the premises do not apply to guide dogs, service animals, or service dogs. A customer with a disability who is accompanied by guide dog, service animal, or service dog will be allowed access to premises that are open to the public unless otherwise excluded by law.
If a customer with a disability is accompanied by a support person, Grimsby Ford will ensure that both persons are allowed to enter the premises together and that the customer is not prevented from having access to the support person.
In situations where confidential information might be discussed, consent will be obtained from the customer prior to any conversation where confidential information might be discussed.
Notice of Disruption in Service
Service disruptions may occur due to reasons that may or may not be within the control or knowledge of Grimsby Ford. In the event of any temporary disruptions to facilities or services that customers with disabilities rely on to access or use Grimsby Ford's goods or services, reasonable efforts will be made to provide advance notice. In some circumstances, such as in the situation of unplanned temporary disruptions, advance notice may not be possible.
Training will be provided to:
- All employees who deal with the public or other third parties that act on behalf of Grimsby Ford;
- Those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices, and procedures.
As reflected in Ontario Regulation 429/07, regardless of the format, training will cover the following:
- A review of the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005;
- A review of the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07;
- Instructions on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- Instructions on how to interact with people with disabilities who:
- Use assistive devices;
- Require the assistance of a guide dog, service dog, or other service animal; or
- Require the use of a support person (including the handling of admission fees);
- Instructions on what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing our services; and
- Grimsby Ford's policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to providing accessible customer service to customers with disabilities.
Customers can submit feedback to the Manager via email@example.com. Customers who provide formal feedback will receive acknowledgement of their feedback, along with any resulting actions based on concerns or complaints that were submitted.